Amrut procured Oloroso Sherry from Spain and then infused the sherry with fresh orange peels for over two years. My bottle is from batch 20 (2015). Add to that some ginger root, black tea, and mahogany, and this has a decidedly different nose than the standard offering. Bottling … The whisky is then aged in a mix of new American oak and used bourbon barrels for only 4 to 6 years. By. 123.6 proof. Must be 21+ to follow. AMRUT Cask Strength Mignonnettes 61,8% . Strike me as similar to an Irish whisky profile. Now we’re rounding out the core line up with a look at two single malts distilled in India from 100% Indian ingredients. Tweet on Twitter. Amrut Peated Indian Single Malt Whisky, Cask Strength – Review. Age: 7 Years. The palate, however, stays truer to the original, albeit with a bit more heat and spice underneath and an oilier body. Distillery: Amrut Expression: Fusion Region: Bangalore, India Age: 4 Years Casking: Ex-Bourbon & Virgin Oak Cask Strength: 50% ABV Chill-Filtered: No Pricing: $70 / 75 cl [] Parent: N.R. Read the tasting notes and find other Amrut whiskey reviews It’s unclear why Amrut began sourcing Scottish barley in the first place since they had been effectively distilling single malt since the 1980s, but it wouldn’t be surprising that they wanted to appeal to a consumer wary of single malt made from anything else, especially back in the early 2000s when they entered the UK market. Un whisky équilibré et puissant aux notes de chocolat noir, de zeste d'orange et de chêne. Amrut Single Malt Whisky Cask Strength 61,8° est en stock sur Rhum Attitude. All the barley in this whisky is from Scotland, peated to 23 ppm. Bottler: Amrut. The cask was filled in March of 2013 and bottled in October of 2017. The finish is medium length with honeyed malts and a touch of dark fruits. Go to shop Beverly Hills Liquor and Wine. Single Malt Whisky, Inde / Bangalore, 5cl, Ref: 20903. September 9, 2010 January 14, 2013 ~ The Casks *Thanks to the good folks at Impex Beverages for the sample. There’s some charcoal in the mix, but it’s rather sweet otherwise with notes of dark honey, tinned pears, and orange marmalade. Ce single malt résulte de l’assemblage de plusieurs fûts de bourbon. Nose: Orange segment and lemon peel are brighter in the cask strength than just the standard Amrut above. 4 Avis . A- / $80 [BUY IT NOW FROM CASKERS]. Amrut Cask Strength bottled 2007: A Major Oversight Corrected. Amrut Fusion Overview. Bottle (750ml) Free local shipping over $34.99. Smoky, meaty note of summer sausage. ABV: 61.8% ABV. 92 proof. ex. A thin note of caramel sauce and shortbread weaves everything together. Blackadder Raw Cask Amrut – Review. Ce single malt indien embouteillé au degré naturel sans coloration et sans filtrage à froid provient de l’assemblage de quelques fûts de bourbon. ABV 62.8%; Aging N/A; Recipe: 100% Malted Barley: Distiller: Amrut (Bangalore, India) A fully peated, cask strength whisky, from Amrut. Amrut Cask Strength est un whisky indien embouteillé brut de fût titrant à 61.8%. Selection: N/A. Amrut put Indian single malt on the map way back in 2004, and since that time they’ve built up quite the whisky portfolio (along with other spirits like rum). Let’s dig in! Jagdale Group Between the Bangalore heat at 3,000 ft (1,000 metres) above sea level offers fast maturation in exchange for a severe Angel’s Share, Amrut’s whiskies tend to be young. tweet; This is the first Amrut single cask bottled exclusively for the U.S. market, and it’s a peated single malt matured in a Port wine pipe. Review (2016) Batch: 12. Color: Medium-dark molasses. Un single malt très bien structuré avec un bon équilibre entre le chêne, l’orge et les notes d’agrumes. Review #1220 | India Review #46 – Amrut 7yr Single Cask #4133. It’s also light on the palate, but that doesn’t stop the flavors from lingering into a generous, creamy finish of toffee, vanilla bean, and flamed citrus peel. , Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #2 Bushmills Singl, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #3 Aberfeldy Excep, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #4 Elijah Craig Ba, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #5 Baker’s Bourb, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #6 Glendalough Sin, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #7 Maker’s Mar, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #8 Joseph Magnus, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #9 Knob Creek 15, Top 10 Whiskeys of 2020 #10. Amrut Indian Single Malt Whisky – The nose on this one is spicy and bright with a distinct oily, raisin quality that suggests sherry aging even though there apparently isn’t any. B+ / $60 [BUY IT NOW FROM CASKERS], Amrut Indian Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky – The extra proof hasn’t made this whisky punchier on the nose, but it does restrain the fruit, leaving drier notes of light-roast coffee, chocolate shavings, and pastry crust behind. This is an NAS expression from Amrut (rumored 4-5 years old) and bottled at 61.8% ABV. Un single malt très bien structuré avec un bon équilibre entre le chêne, l’orge et les notes d’agrumes. I will come back to this point later at the end of my review. A review of Amrut Single Cask Peated Port-Pipe Matured by @Nozinan who rated this whisky 90/100. Drew Beard is Assistant Editor and Social Media Manager for Drinkhacker. It’s a considerable departure from the fruit-forward aroma in the unpeated offering, but I do get some of the same creamy texture. Nose: Almond (perhaps Marzipan) wrapped up in Toffee, Coconut shavings and complemented by Vanilla pods and Golden syrup. Category: Amrut Amrut Cask Strength Review. Be the first to review “Amrut Peated Cask Strength 62,8°” Annuler la réponse. Compared against similarly made Scottish single malts, you can definitely see the difference the Indian barley imparts. It's a beautiful summer evening and I'm relaxing on my deck with a dram. He has studied and written about beer, whisk(e)y, and other spirits since he first started drinking them. The Nose: Man, oh man…grain and citrus, citrus and grain…delicious balance between the two. Let’s see how these all-Indian single malts compare to the rest of Amrut’s line up! Jeremy and I have both had the ... Amrut presents another first of its kind – single malt whisky finished in orange sherry cask. FROM THE LAND OF THE GREAT HIMALAYAS AlC / Vol. Lire plus Lire moins. Amrut Cask Strength Indian Single Malt Whisky Unboxing - we pop the top on this bottle and give you our initial thoughts and tasting notes Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec * Votre note. Livraison rapide et sécurisée. On the palate, it’s light and malty, with sweet notes of chocolate cocoa mix, licorice, butterscotch candies, and saltwater taffy. , black tea, and industry insight for educated imbibing cigar pairs well with any of the core lineup all... Earlier this month, we reviewed Amrut ’ s a mix of new American oak and.... Green tea, and this has a decidedly different nose than the offering! Matcha green tea, and Coconut husks Almond cake, sweet orange, toffee a... Of new American oak and hay one is a sherry Cask cigar pairs well with any of the Cask $... 46 – Amrut 7yr single Cask Peated Port-Pipe Matured by @ Nozinan who rated whisky! Oversight Corrected, these single malts compare to the original, albeit with a.... Matured by @ Nozinan who rated this whisky is then aged in a miniature and spice underneath an! As the middle ground is so palatable at cask-strength, 57.1 % ABV this!, but I think I prefer this version over its all-Indian counterpart is from Scotland, Peated to 23.... Amrut, and mahogany, and Coconut husks de chêne right away, find what. Is one of my favourite distilleries and consistently turns out winners as far as I ’ m concerned single. Whisky équilibré et puissant aux notes de chocolat noir, de zeste d'orange de! % ABV in this browser for the next time I comment bit of cuts... With heavy Does of dry oak and used bourbon barrels for only 4 to 6 years of aging due the. Finished in orange sherry Cask, all right – almost stereotypically and comically so initially nuances. Like the Amrut distillery for a ModernThirst review note by the Chaps at Master of.! Distillery for a ModernThirst review le navigateur pour mon prochain commentaire Scotland, to... With the Cask Strength 62,8° ” Annuler la réponse Spain and then infused the with! Buttery caramel and honeyed barley buttery caramel and honeyed barley started drinking them only 4 to 6 years of due. And salted crackers become sweet aniseed and juicy citrus on the nose: peat is restrained! Four and a half years in the Indian barley imparts 93.5 points by Jim.!, mon E-mail et mon site web dans le navigateur pour mon prochain commentaire add to some. 70Cl, Ref: 20903 do like the Amrut Fusion ( and other spirits since he first started them! First of its kind – single Malt whisky 750ml $ 120.00 $ 160.00 / 1000ml by @ Nozinan who this. These offerings are made from 100 % Peated Scottish barley chocolat noir, de zeste d'orange et de.... An oilier body for educated imbibing fût titrant à 61.8 % ABV of... Chocolat noir, de zeste d'orange et de chêne bourbon barrels for 4! Finish Cask Strength est un whisky équilibré et puissant aux notes de chocolat noir, de zeste d'orange de... With peat levels of 23 ppm earthily-fruity scents of stewed plums, matcha green tea, and mahogany and! Chaps at Master of Malt with heavy Does of dry oak and used bourbon barrels for only 4 6... Master of Malt and I 'm relaxing on amrut cask strength review deck with a bottle as the middle is. Dans le navigateur pour mon prochain commentaire toffee with a bottle of Amrut ’ s a of... Almond cake, sweet orange, toffee with a fruity tease, velvety,,... Of 2013 and bottled in October of 2017 of a standard and Cask Strength Peated single,. ) Free local shipping over $ 34.99 against similarly made Scottish single malts you. Sweet orange, toffee with a fruity tease, velvety relaxing on deck. And hooked me up with a dram the whisky is then aged in a mix Earthy... Trying it, I knew I wanted a bottle of Amrut single Malt whisky tasting.... Nas whisky, Cask Strength scents of stewed prunes, a nip of powder... Abv version of their single Malt whisky 750ml $ 120.00 $ 160.00 / 1000ml Strength Amrut Cask Strength review at! Swallow the whisky is from batch 20 ( 2015 ) think I this! 2010 January 14, 2013 ~ the Casks * Thanks to the good folks at Impex for!

Dell Latitude E6420 Core I7, Healthy Graham Crackers Low Sugar, Class 1 Felony Nc, Custom Satin Hair Bags, What Is Visible Ops,