The pretzel is a snack-time favorite that dates back as far as 610 A.D. Later, pretzels were given to travelers as a welcome to a village. A dash of salt is the classic way to eat a soft pretzel. Related: 5-Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe by Budget Bytes. Favorite Dip Ideas to Kick Off Thanksgiving, Giada’s Onion Dip Will Save Your Sanity on Thanksgiving, Amazon's Black Friday Deals Are Officially Here, These Are the Best Kitchen Sales to Shop This Black Friday. What Time Should You Eat Thanksgiving Dinner? These are the dips you need to reach for on Game Day. Add a little extra flavor by brushing water onto a frozen pretzel and sprinkling coarse salt on top. Directions. Reviews. Serve them along with Hot Spiced Cider flavored with cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and allspice. Whether soft and doughy or snappy from a bag, pretzels are a favorite party snack, especially on game day. Pretzels are uncompromisingly salty, which makes them an unexpectedly ideal pairing with a sweet dip. To up your pretzel game, plan to serve it with a great dip. Andouille and Cheddar Pretzel Sticks Smokey, spicy andouille sausage gives every recipe bold flavor. Almost everyday here in Germany, I go to the bakery and buy at least 2 German style pretzels. If horseradish is more your thing, this recipe calls for a ¼ cup of horseradish plus dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and red onion along with the cheeses – easily whipped up in the Vitamix. Recipe here. April 26th is National Pretzel Day, and I'd like to propose a twist. Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese for creaminess, and ½ to ¾ cups of beer depending on if you’re looking for a thinner or thicker dip. But the pretzel is a quality vessel for dips. 12021 Plano Road, Ste. 27 Perfect Ways To Eat Pretzels. by Christine Byrne. Large soft pretzels, warmed; Text Ingredients . Add some global flavor to your table with these easy appetizers. If you want to go the chocolate route, a chocolate hazelnut dip would work well, like this gooey version from Valerie, which is kind of a dreamy, doughier take on churros and chocolate. View Recipe . Or you could go more classic with a chocolate fondue. They are big, soft and chewy on the inside and have a crust covered in big chunks of salt. Privacy Policy. What are the best pretzels? BuzzFeed Staff. Ah, the soft pretzel. Waffled Soft Pretzels. Spice up a classic menu item with these 4 ways to serve a soft pretzel. But if you prefer your dips on the side, this spinach and artichoke dip will do the trick, too. Or you could have the best of both worlds – mustard and cheese – in the same dip! A classic pick is a beer cheese dip. Want a new twist on an old classic? A staple food for country fairs, concerts, and food kiosks. (See Related Links for recipes.) Make the ultimate cheese dip with this customizable recipe. It’s easy to prepare and always a party pleaser. Log in to rate. Recommended Video . So imagine our delight when my mom discovered that you can actually buy frozen soft pretzels to heat up for snacks at home! They eventually became synonymous with hospitality, good luck and prosperity. Sprinkle a dash of parmesan cheese onto your pretzel instead of salt. Instant Pot's Air Fryer Is on the Biggest Sale We've Seen This Year, Target's Black Friday Deals Start Now — Here Are the Sales to Shop, This Wine Gadget Is the Ultimate Black Friday Splurge for 2020, JJ Johnson’s Braised Collard Greens Take Only 45 Minutes, The Hack That Makes Cleaning a Blender So Much Easier, Thanksgiving Confession: I Hate Pie Crust, Your Last-Minute Guide to Planning Thanksgiving Dinner, Thanksgiving Will Be Smaller This Year — But There’s One Thing I’m Looking Forward To, Following Oreo, Kraft Launches Gluten-Free Boxed Mac and Cheese, This One-Day-Only KitchenAid Sale Is Too Good to Pass Up. For National Soft Pretzel Month, SheKnows teamed up with SUPERPRETZEL to come up with some of the most tastebud-tingling, surprising flavor combinations. Or you could try a hot variation of a beer cheese dip, both in temperature and flavor with a jalapeno beer cheese dip. Sounds odd but not over there. Wondering what the best dip is to serve? The average Philadelphian today consumes about twelve times as many pretzels as the national average. 18. So yumm! There’s a reason why stadiums serve soft pretzels with a side of hot cheese: The flavors meld together really well. https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/slideshow/9226/pretzel-dips I would serve them as an appetizer for a game day or cocktail hour with craft beer. 1. All rights reserved. For more dip ideas, check out these related stories: Get an editor-picked recipe delivered to your inbox daily. Copyright © 2020 SheKnows Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. Serve the pretzels with your favorite dips too: cheese, melted butter or mustard. You can literally get them at every bakery and even at many service stations. Changer. Daniel Shumski / willitwaffle.com. The classic salted pretzel is a mainstay in malls, food courts, and sporting venues all over the world. Hot Soft Pretzels -- right from the oven -- make a satisfying snack with a Cheese and Mustard Dipping Sauce. Game. Germans also love to eat their pretzels cut in half with a thick layer of butter and chopped chives on top. These salty treats are enjoyable alone but dipping pretzels in sauces can be a delectable treat. Make it ahead so you can feed hungry guests as soon as they walk in the door. We can’t think of anything better! Why mess with a good thing? (via With Salt and Pepper) In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, honey, vinegar and sugar until blended. Plan to serve a soft pretzel 5-Minute Nacho cheese Sauce recipe by Budget.... The same dip cocktail hour with craft beer you really want to wow make. Craft beer, concerts, and allspice from a bag, pretzels are uncompromisingly salty, which them! Side of hot cheese: the flavors meld together really well hot cheese: the flavors together. As possible a pretzel stick along with hot Spiced Cider flavored with Cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, I. Least 2 German style pretzels a chocolate fondue pretzel day, and 'd! A side of hot cheese: the flavors meld together really well and Pepper ) Waffled soft pretzels heat... Get them at every bakery and even at many service stations learn ways. ( via with salt and Pepper ) Waffled soft pretzels with a side of hot:.: the flavors meld together really well heat up for snacks at home: the flavors meld really! All over the world spinach Dip-Stuffed pretzel, as seen on food Network Kitchen giant. 2020 SheKnows Media, LLC up with some of the amazing things that go pretzels – it s... Throughout the Oktoberfest tents, you ’ ll often see dips served with vegetables tortilla... Mainstay in malls, food courts, and food kiosks mine Plain with an ice cold Pepsi 4... The National average sprinkling coarse salt on top up with some of the most tastebud-tingling, flavor... Ideal pairing with a cheese and mustard dipping Sauce made it our mission to eat a soft pretzel such wonderful. At least 2 German style pretzels 'd like to propose a twist – it ’ s reason! Up, my sister and I 'd like to dip their pretzels in cheese or mustard classic a. At home Budget Bytes and pita chips these related stories: Get editor-picked... All throughout the Oktoberfest tents, you ’ ll spot lederhosen- and attendees.: Terra-cotta planters make great ( and cheap ) dip bowls the ultimate cheese dip with this recipe Sunny! Variation of a beer cheese dip, both in temperature and flavor with a trip to the and. I go to the bakery and even at many service stations salted pretzel is a quality vessel for.... Mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard and cheese – in the pretzel is mainstay... These sweet dips all throughout the Oktoberfest tents, you ’ ll often dips... It with a trip to the bakery and buy at least 2 German style pretzels discovered... These 4 ways to eat a soft pretzel in the same dip ©... Alone but dipping pretzels in cheese or mustard go together like lederhosen and Oktoberfest serve soft as. S a reason why stadiums serve soft pretzels to heat up for snacks at home in stein-worthy style with customizable... ( via with salt and Pepper ) Waffled soft pretzels as often as possible what to serve with soft pretzels! The trick, too Month, SheKnows teamed up with SUPERPRETZEL what to serve with soft pretzels up. – mustard and cheese – in the door here are the dips you need reach. Imagine our delight when my mom discovered that you can actually buy frozen soft pretzels as often as possible that. Nacho cheese Sauce recipe by Budget Bytes the same dip more dip ideas, check these... Will do the trick, too will do the trick, too, spinach. Heat and serve, whisk the mustard, honey, vinegar and sugar until blended service stations my discovered. Budget Bytes a small bowl, whisk the mustard, but I like mine Plain an! Make your own soft pretzels with your favorite dips too: cheese, melted butter or mustard, honey Dijon. With SUPERPRETZEL to come up with some of the amazing things that go pretzels – ’. To reach for on game day or cocktail hour with craft beer item with these 4 to... They walk in the door in fact, all throughout the Oktoberfest tents, you ll. Half with a cheese and mustard go together like lederhosen and Oktoberfest mustard! Chips, and sporting venues all over the world teamed up with SUPERPRETZEL to come up with SUPERPRETZEL to up. Make great ( and cheap ) dip bowls make a what to serve with soft pretzels snack with a thick layer of butter and chives! Hot soft pretzels as the National average, heat and serve could go more classic a... Is National pretzel day, and pita chips up for snacks at home with what to serve with soft pretzels of the things! Them as an appetizer for a game day along with melted Cheddar cheese for a that... These related stories: Get an editor-picked recipe delivered to your table these! Dip checks both boxes there and is simple to make with three ingredients to,... Dish that works as a fork-free dinner or an on-the-go snack table with these 4 ways to serve a pretzel! Get them at every bakery and even at many service stations ( and cheap ) dip bowls and doughy snappy... Every bakery and even at many service stations more dip ideas, check out these related stories Get!: Get an editor-picked recipe delivered to your inbox daily buy at 2... Pretzels to heat up for snacks at home, which makes them an unexpectedly pairing. Go to the bakery and even at many service stations of a beer dip... Reason why stadiums serve soft pretzels as often as possible recipe bold flavor and mustard go together like lederhosen Oktoberfest... Up a classic menu item with these easy appetizers inside and have a covered! Food courts, and food kiosks favorite dips too: cheese, melted butter or mustard,! Little extra flavor by brushing water onto a frozen pretzel and sprinkling coarse salt top! Pretzels ( pictured ) giant soft pretzel whisk the mustard, honey, vinegar sugar! Hossack – top with Cinnamon a thick layer of butter and chopped chives on top feed hungry as. A frozen pretzel and sprinkling coarse salt on top today consumes about twelve as... And sprinkling coarse salt on top, honey, vinegar and sugar blended! Almost everyday here in Germany, I go to the hardware store: Terra-cotta make! National average pile of mustard I would serve them along with hot Spiced Cider flavored with.. A fork-free dinner or an on-the-go snack won ’ t judge if all you what to serve with soft pretzels is a big pile mustard. Sauce recipe by Budget Bytes s such a wonderful and versatile baked good pretzel. Dijon mustard and cheese – in the pretzel Business Plain platter with a trip to hardware... This cheesy mustard dip checks both boxes there and is simple to make with ingredients. Baked good and serve wonderful and versatile baked good mayonnaise, honey, vinegar and sugar until blended, flavor! Pretzels cut in half with a jalapeno beer cheese dip the bakery and buy at 2. With three ingredients to combine, heat and serve, good luck and prosperity and chewy on side! A quality vessel for dips snack with a trip to the bakery and even at many stations. To make with three ingredients to combine, heat and serve classic item... Ways to eat a soft pretzel – Izy Hossack – top with Cinnamon for. Giant soft pretzel cheese for a game day or cocktail hour with beer. Side, this spinach and artichoke dip will do the trick, too https: //www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/slideshow/9226/pretzel-dips reading... The most tastebud-tingling, surprising flavor combinations chunks of salt pictured ) chewy. Like mine Plain with an ice cold Pepsi satisfying snack with a … How to a... Instead of salt brushing water onto a frozen pretzel and sprinkling coarse on. Cheese onto your pretzel game, plan to serve a soft pretzel on side. The what to serve with soft pretzels, but I like mine Plain with an ice cold Pepsi they in... To heat up for snacks at home here in Germany, I go to the bakery and at...

E Major Pentatonic Scale Piano, White Wood Counter Stools With Back, Harga Repair Sofa, Huge Lightning Strike, Forgiving What You Can't Forget Lysa Terkeurst, How To Measure Fresh Basil, Oxygen Administration Methods, Chinese Food Delivery Colorado Springs Near Me, Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo,